Friday, October 22, 2010

A Freelancer's Best Friend(s)?

I have been working in my home office for quite some time now and have discovered something rather interesting.

I have two dogs: Louie, a beagle; and Zeus, a yellow lab. They are the two most loyal dogs anyone could ask for. In fact, they are so loyal that they like to be at my feet 24/7; not the worse thing in the world, but sometimes annoying.

Eventually, they will crawl out from under my desk and go out in to the living room and play with each other (usually until something gets knocked over or broken) and then pass out for a good two hours (sometimes more).

However, by the end of that two (or more) hours, I am usually growing weary of something that I am working on and need a break. Somehow, they can sense that and they come into the office and check on me. It is like clockwork. They let me work for a while and then come in and remind to take a break (and that they would like to go outside for a bit.

So, while some freelancers disapprove of any kind of distraction at all throughout the entire day, I more than welcome these two furry friends in to my work day. They keep me from going crazy over a project on which I am working.

Does anyone else have 'good' distractions like this? Let me know...

Zeus and Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment